you haven’t lived yet, if you haven’t had taquitos. straight from the frozen food aisle, to the microwave, to your mouth. example:
they’re delicious. but don’t look at the nutrition facts .. [because the fact is you probably don’t want to know].
until now: hello substitute.
insert scrumptious, healthy, & simple: baked beef taquitos. [from SELF magazine].
[I made them last night].
- 1 lb ground beef [lean]
- 1/2 red bell pepper [chopped]
- 1/2 onion [chopped]
- 3/4 cup of salsa
- corn tortillas
- preheat oven to 425*
- brown the 1 lb ground beef. [as I did above].
- add the chopped red bell pepper & onion. saute until veggies are tender.
- add 3/4 cup of salsa. mix well.
- meat mixture meet corn tortillas. roll ’em up. and place them in a medium pan [sprayed with cooking spray]. before going in the oven: spray the top of the tortillas with cooking spray.
- place in oven for 10-12 mins [or until golden brown].
I topped mine with a LITTLE ranch dressing, salsa, red bell pepper & onion.
so simple. so quick. and sooo delicious.
[pairs well with a margarita]
[but to be honest, what doesn’t?? ;)]