[prologue: on Thursday evening, [J] & I got our favorite people together and had a “goodbye/see ya later” party. we are so grateful & blessed to have met such amazing people, who will be lifelong friends. we will miss them all, a lot. it’s not goodbye, just see you later].
so … we were a tad “under the weather” [ahem: hungover] when we woke up friday morning. ugh! good morning moving day, I feel AWFUL. but
duty called I had no choice ..
what we woke up to. [so daunting].
what happens when you move 830 miles on Friday the 13th [we found out ..so many unforeseen
- the “movers” [friends of a friend] were late. unforeseen traffic & truck rental problems.
- the hangover …[self-inflicted, I’m aware].
- oh and the best, the
amountlack of space in the trailer & truck ..
basically ..we filled up the trailer & truck bed in NO time. looked around our apartment, and EFFFF ..it wasn’t empty [which is usually the hope when the movers are filled up]. what happened next went like this:
- $h!T, %u0k, #%*^, @$#& [oh yeah, a whole slew of profanity].
- call to cargo van rental co.
- rent a cargo van for saturday, april 14th.
- cancel two [extra-leg room] jetblue flights to chicago.
- come to terms we will be driving 830 miles [vs the original plan: two hour flight].
- CALL IT A DAY. And we’re off to the W for the night …
[J] eating the new freedom tower (WTC building).
pre-nap. [hot dang: I told you it was a long day ..]
a bit sad we won’t be moving to chicago via airplane, the original plan. [making 830 miles into 2.5 hours]. BUT “chapter NYC” has been an amazing ADVENTURE, so it’s just necessary for it to go out with a bang!!
today: load up our dang cargo van. “move-out clean” our apartment. wave goodbye. shed a couple inevitable tears. hit the road jack ..we have 830 miles/14 hours to cover.
I loved you New York City. you’ve helped me grow. [& taught me so much].
I will miss you. but …
brrrring on chapter chicago .. :)