It doesn’t matter if you move 30 mins away or 3,000 miles …you’re guaranteed to miss something. I miss my family & friends [that goes without saying]. But for about the first 6 months, I was so excited about exploring my new surroundings ..I [temporarily] forgot about my old ones. Now that I am one year and two months in, I will divulge the …[in no particular order]
top 10 things I miss about iowa.
1. ‘Mexi & Margs‘ nights. [$3 margs, delicious mexican food, & grrreat company].
2. Line dancing. [I was introduced to this only 3 weeks before moving to NY, but it is a BALL ..& surprisingly a fun workout].
3. Tailgating, football games, & seeing black & gold everywhere. [so basically …college].
4. Saying “pop” & not being judged. [“pop” drinkers: blue. “soda” drinkers: green & yellow].
5. Saying “traffic” & meaning there are 5-10 other cars on the road.
6. Grocery shopping every two weeks. [instead of every day].
7. Not worrying about how much or how heavy your groceries are because you’ll cart them out to your car and drive home.
9. Not being too concerned with the daily weather report, because your car has heat, AC, and if raining ..only a couple steps out your front door.
10. Old Chicago. & the World Beer Tour. [I can’t even comment on this one, I’ll cry …]
There you have it folks ..the top 10 things I miss about my home state – IOWA.