We all have those mornings. Ya know, the ones you hit snooze one [or three] too many times. Or the mornings your alarm clock “never went off“. It’s a part of life. The question is ..do you have a fool-proof plan in place to ensure it doesn’t wreck your day?
Well, I do. Because let’s be honest ..I enjoy sleeping, napping, & “resting with my eyes closed” [a phrase I learned from Grandma]. So I encounter “in a hurry” mornings all too frequently. (Whoops ..I’m a work in progress folks).
Can you say “the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup“? It is for me. And regardless of the time [or lack of] ..I pour my cup of joe first thing. I set my coffee pot every night, without fail, to automatic brew at 7:06AM. Then when I wake up, all I have to do is pour. It definitely assists in the wake up process.
My ‘in a hurry’ face essentials:
- Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup (w/ SPF 15) – Spin the dial and voila ..you have loose powder. Quick, easy, and does its job providing just enough coverage & ensuring my face looks refreshed.
- Clinique Blushing Blush Powder (Shade: Sunset Glow) – Most mornings I wake up with my face a ghostly white color, so blush is essential. Every day. I go with the more natural looking, coral tones.
- Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer – I refuse to run out of this product. I always have an extra on hand. Goodbye “I had a long night” dark circles. Goodbye irritated, red blemish. This is basically my go to tool. If I could only use one product every morning, it’d be this. Lifesaver, miracle worker, best friend – thank you. (And yes, this is an ‘available at your local drugstore’ product – meaning readily available, and priced right).
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara – If you’ve seen any of my pictures/know me ..you are aware my eyebrows have a mind of their own. They are my ARCHnemesis [pun intended]. They cannot be controlled, but I can sure make my best attempt at taming them ..that is why I use this clear mascara – to tame those beasts. It’s completely necessary I at least try!
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes – When I’m in a hurry, I am OK with skipping eyeliner. But I don’t skip mascara. [I want to somewhat appear to have eyes]. This particular mascara is fairly new to me [a week or more] and I’m in love. I do not have long lashes, but with this mascara on ..I will fool the world. I love the brush, the gold tube, and that I got it free at BlogHer ’11 ..but I am now a believer and will purchase this product from now on.
My ‘in a hurry’ hair:
I’m lucky in the sense that I have ‘fuss-free’ hair. It’s naturally straight and 89% of the time, I could wake up, do nothing with it, & look presentable-ish. But when it is or isn’t cooperating, I have a ‘go to’ that is easy and looks like I put in the extra effort. Say hello to my two-strand french twist.
Excuse the frizz – sleeping 6 hrs on a plane & having no “fix it” time wears on a person’s hair.
After years of trying to teach me how to french braid, my [former hairstylist] mom gave up. Realizing I was desperate to learn something other than how to execute a ponytail, my mom showed me the life-changing two-strand french twist. It’s in the same ‘family’ as a french braid, but it’s the easier, equally-pretty one. [The best quality, easiest tutorial to follow of this is by Kate over at The Small Things Blog. I tend to twist mine a little bit further than Kate. See above.]
Don’t forget your ‘in a hurry’ outfit. I am lucky to work in a very creative, relaxed environment. We appreciate jeans. And when it’s weather-appropriate ..even my bright pink rainboots. So my ‘go to’ is probably different than most. But when in a hurry, I grab a pair of dark jeans and either a sweater (when it’s the middle of winter, like now) or a shirt, matched with one of my many colorful, or not so colorful cardigans. Add a scarf or a necklace ..and you’ll probably fool a bunch of people into believeing you got up when you were suppose to.
The end result ..
oh, the semi-kiss face.. it plagues almost all my pictures.
Now you’re ready to take on the day ..bright-eyed & refreshed. [Or at least pretending to be]. Peace, love, concealer, & coffee :)